Collected the first full work week in January, March, May, July and September; please check the Bulk Information Sheet for actual dates. All bulk items to be discarded shall not be placed at the street edge more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection.
- One pick up per homeowner address.
- Village homeowner refuse only
- One pile no larger than 4’ x 4’ x 8’
- No contractor waste
- No grass clippings
- Stickers required for tires and appliances with Freon
- Sort by Brush, Lumber, Metal, Tires and Other Refuse
- Lumber should be cut into 4’ lengths, all nails removed and stacked neatly
- Large appliances must have doors removed and if required – stickers attached
- The village will not accept grass in bags or cans. The homeowner must compost or mulch grass clippings.
- Bulk refuse is waste, other than regular household waste which is either to large or too heavy to place in a rolling refuse container.
The intention of the bulk refuse collection is to assist Spencerport homeowners when making minor repairs, small remodeling projects, discarding household furniture, mattresses, large appliances, lumber and other bulk household material which is too large or too heavy to place in standard refuse containers.
Sorting is important because it allows us to pick up specific materials with specific equipment. Brush into a dump truck so it can be later run through a chipping machine. Appliances with Freon need special handling by an outside contractor. Metals go to a metal scrap yard in a different truck. The remaining refuse goes into the garbage truck and goes to the landfill. So even though different equipment, perhaps on different days, will be used for your pile, you are still only allowed one 4’x 4’x 8’ pile inclusive of all materials. Because of ever increasing costs we can no longer keep visiting every street every day. Once a street is cleared we will not return.
You can purchase and schedule a standard bulk pick up at any other time throughout the year by contacting the village office in advance.
If you have more than 4’ x 4’ x 8’ pile a Village truck or dumpster can be rented for reasonable cost.
Refuse generated by anyone other than the homeowners themselves is not eligible for any residential Village Services including bulk refuse removal. No contractor waste.